Need a healthy snack to keep cool - I have just the thing for you!!
Check out this delicious, quick and easy recipe for coconut ice cream.....
Coconut Ice Cream
Total Time: 10m
- 1 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup additional coconut milk OR milk of choice
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener of choice, such as honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional ingredients for desired flavor
*Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk.
Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
If you have an ice cream maker, simply transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions for your specific machine.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can freeze the mixture in ice cube trays, then blend the frozen ice cubes in a high-speed blender.
Either eat the ice cream straight from the machine or freeze a few hours for a firmer texture.
While homemade ice cream is best the day it is made, you can technically keep it frozen for up to a few weeks and thaw before eating.
Not keen on Coconut flavour, check out some alternatives below:
- Coffee Ice Cream: Use the basic coconut ice cream recipe below, adding 2 tsp regular or decaf instant coffee to the liquid ingredients.
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream: Stir 1/4 cup peanut butter into the liquid ingredients, and add some mini chocolate chips if desired
- Strawberry Ice Cream: Add 1 cup strawberries, stems removed, to the basic recipe before blending and omit the extra 1/2 cup milk of choice
Enjoy and please feedback below if you make this!!